Phantom Technical Services, a Central Ohio based Control Systems Integration firm, is seeking Computer Engineer I to join its staff.
Software and Database development for Industrial Controls Systems, researching and developing techniques and approaches relating to Software Engineering for Controls Systems; participates in installation, startup and commissioning of Computer Applications for Control Systems; verifying and validating system architecture and software functions from conception to completion for Controls related Software Applications.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Participates In Installation, Startup, and Commissioning of Computer Applications for Control Systems
• Participate In System Architecture Development
• Entry Level Web Design and Application Development
• Entry Level Database Programming
• Entry Level Operator Interface Programming (GUI Interfaces)
• Testing, debugging, and updating custom Applications
• Operation & Maintenance Manual Creation & Development/Technical Writing
• Degree in Computer Science Engineering, Computer Information Systems, Computer Engineering Technology or related field (or equivalent industry experience).
• High level proficiency using software development tools and languages.
• Experience with one or more of the following databases: SQL / Oracle / DB2
• Experience with one or more of the following reporting software: Crystal Report / SSRS
• Experience developing web-based systems is preferred.
• Experience with Controls Engineering systems is preferred.
• Ability to read, interpret documents and carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or other schematic format.
• Advanced Engineering related Math skills.
• Ability to solve complex problems involving several variables (concrete and non-concrete) in standard and non-standard situations.
• Exceptional analytical skills.
• Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
• Strong attention to detail.
• Ability to write accurate reports and correspondence on a routine basis.
• Ability and willingness to deliver high volume & accurate work product in a timely, organized and effective manner.
• Enhances engineering and organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
• Proficiency with general Microsoft applications including: Excel, Outlook, Word, Access, Project, and Visio.
• Ability to lift 25 pounds for extended durations and up to 50 -75 pounds for short durations.
• Ability to perform Installation, Startup, and Computer Application Commissioning for periods up to 16 hours a day, as required by customer.
• Ability to sit, stand, walk, climb, bend, kneel, stoop for periods up to 16 hours a day during Installation, Startup, and Computer Application Commissioning.
• Ability to work in customer facilities with noise levels at 85 decibels for at least 16 hours a day (hearing protection provided) in climate controlled & non- climate controlled facilities (both indoor and outdoor).
We offer competitive salary and benefits.
Qualified/Interested candidates: send resume w/cover letter to email@example.com